[*] A 20-year-old beef (condiment)

OK: we have set the stage with my discontent regarding U2 that has stayed with me for 20 years.

I have also recommended (and am selling, so don't get me confused with that guy over there who is not a hypocrite) the antithesis to U2, which is the biography of Johnny Cash.

And before I take apart their lyrics and the Banty Rooster's review of their last CD, I want to offer something by way of "in their own words". The wildly-ecumenical Christianity Today did a little joy ride with Bono back in March, 2003. It is frankly the exact context I would choose for you to read before you read anything else I have to say about this subject.

Read up, and get ready for the main course of beef.

Other entries in this series: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |


Other entries in this series: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

0 comments: