JOIN MY BLOGROLL!

Yeah, so what's a "blog roll" and how, exactly do I join?

A "blog roll" is a scrap of javascript code which, when you place it in your web page, lists all the member links of people who are, in turn, running the blogroll on their web page (usually: their blog). It's useful for improving your visibility on the web, especially in Technorati rankings (hubba hubba).

To join, e-mail me at the e-mail listed at my Blogger profile (click on my picture in the sidebar for my blogger user page to come up). But before you do that, make sure you understand the following:

[1] Your blog must be at least 6 months old and demonstrate some current level of activity. You don't have to post every day, but you do have to post weekly.

[2] Your blog must be a blog about the Gospel. By that I mean this: I'm going to google your blog, and if you never mention Jesus, or the Gospel, or the Bible, or God -- or if you only mention them as explitives -- you're not going to get added to the blogroll. If you want to know what I mean when I say "the Gospel", I have a statement of faith linked in my sidebar. Read that, and if you can't say you agree with it, you probably don't know what the Gospel is.

[3] Your blog must show the on it. What that means is that you are going to add the code for the aggregator before you send me your e-mail request, and when I google you for content, I'm going to check your homepage for the blogroll. That way, when I activate you on the blogroll, you will already be up and running.

[4] You will be patient. I will update the blogroll weekly, and if you can't wait until the weekend to get added, you are probably addicted to the internet or have an urge control problem. My time as blogroll administrator is on a volunteer basis, and you need to respect that.

[5] You will also keep it clean. If I get any complaints about the content of your site, you'll get delisted. Keep it clean. If you don't know what that means, or you want to test the limits, don't submit your site.

The name of the is "Scum of the Earth" -- a reference to 1Cor 4. That's what's going to pop up when you load this blogroll on your blog, so if you don't like that title, you prolly shouldn't ask to be on the blogroll.

I know I sound somewhat prickly about this, but here's what I think: I think we ought to have some idea what we're standing for and talking about when we call ourselves "" or somehow try to self-identify with Jesus. If you think you have something cool to say about current events also, that's sweet: just don't forget that we're banding together to blog for Jesus here, and if you want to be a Malkin or a Hewitt, go join Pajamas Media.

The code for the blogroll is this:
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://rpc.blogrolling.com/display.php?r=7aa7eb5ad9c3180c47a4e2ae3f58e274" ></script>

Drop it into your blog, e-mail me, and let's get busy.

0 comments: