[?] pwn'ing MSIE

I was going to snark Microsoft because I have updated the template again, but I just can't do it. I can't figure out how to adequately complain about how it is possible for the dominant software developer in the world to have a web browser (and as I said yesterday, I even upgraded to IE 7 beta to make sure I wasn't crazy seeing things) which cannot correctly render objects defined in css. I have to add that I feel dirty after having MSIE 7 Beta open for 3 days. For those of you viewing in MSIE, you can finally see what you're supposed to see (except maybe the League of Reformed Bloggers list, which somehow gets truncated). For those viewing in Firefox, you haven't lost anything this time, so chalk one up for the good guys.

The only people who will be complaining are the luddites -- and get serious now: who's using this kind of hardware anymore? -- who are viewing the blog in -800x600- screen resolution (siteMeter says it's about 12% of you). 800x600? That's like trying to web browser from your Palm for cryin' out loud. I'm not going to support big 17" screens with lousy resolution here. You'll have to scroll to see the sidebar, or you can just live with it.

0 comments: