[#] um, we won?

While Michelle Malkin is right about Ted Kennedy's somewhat-bizarre antics on Monday prior to the appointment of Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court, I'm not sure that I understand her point in this post.

Way back here, I pointed out that Alito may be the "right kind of judge" that would not necessarily vote the way we would always find exciting. Yesterday we had an example of that, and the Malkin piece fleshes that out. But to use that as a method of somehow abashing Kennedy or the left?

I'm trying to follow the argument here: Because an apparent conservative was appointed to SCOTUS and on his first ruling he brole with the conservative majority, we have a reason to celebrate that we were right and the left was wrong? Somehow it doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy to think that Justice Alito will not be much different than Justice O'Connor was ...

0 comments: