Yes, but does it work?

After admiring the way Adrian Warnock has all the refs to Scripture in his blog linked to the ESV, I e-mailed him and asked, "Hey Link-troll: how do you make those ESV links work?" He referred me to the ESV web site, and it referred me to fuCoder, who linked me to his .js file.

It is installed in this blog right now, and let's see if it works:

John 3:16

Mark 13:4-5

Gen 1:1-3

Rev 9:1

Do you see links? I don't see links. I'll have to come back to it.

Note to peoples: put the script-call above the body tag and before the haloscan script call. I'll explain later ...


OK -- I'm back. For those of you who are not seeing links on the verse references, your browser isn't javascript compatible. For those who want this to work in your blogger blog, you have to install the script call in your template in the header of your blogger template. The instructions are over at fuCoder's site, linked above.

It's a pretty cool script. I have no idea how it works, but I'm impressed.

And no: I don't want you to explain it to me.

0 comments: