[*] Let's pray to Moses, too

Listen: I came to work today with some features from the Sunday paper about Intelligent Design and the people who can't see intelligence in design and competing magisteria and all that stuff, but I only have limited blog time today, so I'm posting this instead: some people don't know when to stop.

Believe it or not, I'm not complaining about "ct". I'm talking about President Josiah "Jeb" Bartlet -- uh, I mean Martin Sheen -- who showed up at Kamp Kindy in Crawford, TX.
"At least you've got the acting president of the United States," Sheen said as the crowd of more than 300 people cheered. "I think you know what I do for a living, but this is what I do to stay alive."

Then Sheen led anti-war demonstrators who are Roman Catholic in reciting the rosary.
Here's what I think: they should get some Muslim clerics out there praying to Allah to help out with Mrs. Sheehan's protest. That makes about as much sense as praying to Mary over this -- maybe moreso, since Allah is the god of the men with whom we are at war.

0 comments: