Meta-blogging

Those of you following the Zens critique got a fix yesterday, and it turns out that it's a timely thing as it sort of runs together with the new/old topic at TeamPyro, which is Dan Kimball's new book, They Like Jesus but Not the Church.

I say that because Pastor Kimball advocates for something which the Zens paper says is OK by the Bible -- which is, female leadership in the church. And by "advocates", I mean, "it doesn't really know why the church has never done that in 2000 years".

I'm sure Pastor Kimball is a smarter guy than his chapter on that topic comes across, but that's next up. I'll post a review of that book sometime after the Founders' conference next week, and then we can break out the hammers and tongs about female church leadership over here.

In the meantime, you might want to review the following post which I would qualify as the "Best of centuri0n":

The last installment of my Tony Campolo review (you might enjoy following the links to read the whole thing)

A somewhat-bloated commentary on the clarity of Scripture (too many big words)

This one about orthodoxy

This one about the letter to Diognetus

This one for the diagram if nothing else

this one to note our humble beginnings

This one which turns out to be about the Gospel rather than about gay rights

And lastly, because I am sure you don't remember it, read this one because your church needs it

And have a nice week. I may post incidentals from Tulsa next week. If you're at Founders, I'll be the guy trying not to look like I'm part of Phil's entourage. In the mean time, be with the Lord's people on the Lord's day in the Lord's house.

booyah.

0 comments: