There will your heart be also

I hope you're all following this story. Here's my favorite quote from this dispatch:
Bishop Eddie Long, who leads a megachurch and ministry in Lithonia, Ga., initially promised to "fully comply" with Grassley's request. But a few days later, Long told his congregation the request was "unjust," "intrusive," and "an attack on our religious freedom and privacy rights."
I just want to point out that there are no small churches with bivocational pastors under scrutiny here, and that to call what most of these people do "religion" is, at best, a sociological definition.

There also don't appear to be any questions about whether they are teaching one thing or another: there are questions about how money is being spent on luxury items. That's hardly religious persecution, unless wealth is a sacrament -- which might lead to some interesting thoughts about which God that is, but I'll pass tonight because I'm tired.