Internet Security tip #66-6

I just received an e-mail from a reader who shall remain nameless, and they have alerted me to an insideous plot on the part of Blogger to make all people servants of the devil. It turns out that if you enter your birth date in your blogger profile it assigns you a "Zodiac sign".

My Internet Security tip for you is to NEVER GIVE ANYBODY YOUR BIRTHDATE OVER THE INTERNET. That's a key piece of data used in identity theft, and giving it out is better for scoundrels than giving out your SS#.

Jesus doesn't care about the zodiac sign Blogger puts in your profile: Jesus cares whether or not you have a heart humble to God. I am willing to bet he doesn't want you to get stung in an identity theft scam, either, but I don't have a proof text for that one.

double-secret technorati tags:

0 comments: