It's a strong word

I'm not sure I'd use the word "redeem" regarding Hugh Hewitt's performance in the last 2 weeks, but he sure has been a kind of voice crying out in the wilderness on this SWIFT program thing.

Friday he said this:
Well, I've only been doing [journalism] for 17 years. But before that, I spent 6 years in the government, and I've handled a lot of classified information, and I am confident when I say that 95% of America's journalists don't have a clue about intelligence, and how it works. And they are not in a position to judge the impact of these stories, because they don't get out much. They live in little bubbles, and they're not that well educated to begin with, and they're not very good thinkers. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I won't correct him. He's right, and journalists deserve our contempt for thinking they are smarter than the average person, given that most of them are barely average people.

They also deserve our pity and our prayers. God willing they can come to grips with the fact that they are just like the rest of us -- including the kind of danger their lifestyle and culture is currently in.

0 comments: