Liquid Husband

Since my wife will not blog, let me blog this conversation we had this weekend.

Saturday morning we were cleaning the house and cutting the lawn (you can imagine who was "we" in those tasks), and when I can inside from pushing the lawnmower around, I heard the coffee pot doing its thing. Now, keep in mind that it's like 95 in the shade outside and the A/C in the house is struggling to keep the temp at 72.

"Having a cup of coffee?" I ask as I pour a glass of water for myself over ice.

"Ugh," she says. "I have a headache, and I tried a Coke but it did't work. It doesn't give me that feeling of warmth and comfort and security that coffee does."

Hmph, I thought. And I didn't get to finish my thought.

"It's kinda like liquid husband," she said, "except that it can't cut the lawn."

0 comments: