[*] Pants on fire

Now: before you read this post, let's remember something. I'm the one who has been accused of being "merciless" and "unChristian" in the topic, subject, approach and handling of the events at the blog in the last 142 weeks 7 days.

I'm the one who is the "bad guy".

Not the person who impersonated me to send the following e-mails to the guys at Fide-o:


Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:18:34 -0800 (PST)
From: "Jason Robertson"
Subject: Frank is this you? from Fide-O
To: carm_centuri0n@yahoo.com

Frank, we received several emails from someone claiming to be you. Scott, at first thought is was and out of respect for you removed some pics from one of my post. When I got home later and called him, he told me that upon further review that he thinks that this is not you because of a different spelling in the email name. Could you please clear this up for us. Thanks.

{And if you are wondering if this is /*really*/ me, call me at 951-XXX-XXXX}

Note: First message is attached. Below is another message that was sent as a follow up.

----------

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:25:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Frank Turk (carm_centurion@yahoo.com)

I saw that the pictures were removed, and I thank you. I sent Scott an email because I thought he had orginally posted them. I hope removing them will heal the relationship between the two blog worlds. I started something I never intended too, and hope I can begin to mend the fences I tore down in my haste to have something juicy to blog on. I have asked Phil to not post anymore comics, and have asked Steve to back off the kicking of the EC for a while.

I really do not think any of us handled this like Christians, I was the ring leader.

Again Thanks

-----
From: "Frank Turk" (carm_centurion@yahoo.com)
Sent: Tuesday, November 29th @ 8:21 pm
To: Scott @ Fide-o
Subject: thanks

I very much appreciate your apology on the comments section today, but you must know there is no hard feelings. I knew the editorial shrewdness of Fide-O would come through in the end. You guys have been a swimming edition to blogdom.

I have a rather awkward request considering everything that has transpired over the last few days. If possible could you take down the pics of the dead hogs. While I for one thought it was quite ingenous with the whole dual meanings, it was a tinge morbid. The only reason I ask is this. Phil has pretty much dropped it, but I am still getting 30 or so emails a day rebuking the callous nature of the handling of this little iMonk skirmish. Because of the violent nature of the pictures, I find it difficult to defend all those who have been involved. Mainly Phil, Steve, and you guys. If you don't remove them I will understand and do not think for a minute that there will be any ill will from this superhero. I am just asking as a favor.

-----

I very much appreciate your apology on the comments section today, but you must know there is no hard feelings. I knew the editorial shrewdness of Fide-O would come through in the end. You guys have been a swimming edition to blogdom.

I have a rather awkward request considering everything that has transpired over the last few days. If possible could you take down the pics of the dead hogs. While I for one thought it was quite ingenous with the whole dual meanings, it was a tinge morbid. The only reason I ask is this. Phil has pretty much dropped it, but I am still getting 30 or so emails a day rebuking the callous nature of the handling of this little iMonk skirmish. Because of the violent nature of the pictures, I find it difficult to defend all those who have been involved. Mainly Phil, Steve, and you guys. If you don't remove them I will understand and do not think for a minute that there will be any ill will from this superhero. I am just asking as a favor.
So if you have any complaints about how this was handled, you can e-mail carm_centurion@yahoo.com and tell him what a great Christian witness it is to impersonate someone in order to get his friends to do things that they wouldn't otherwise do.

One other thing: if the person who did this will come foreward and confess, I won't press federal identity theft charges; if I have to press this through Yahoo and get an IP address for the person who opened this account, you can rest assured that I will turn that information over to the FTC for formal charges.

... see: but I'm the bad guy here ... sheesh ...

UPDATED: I have the spoofer's IP address from the e-mail headers. Should we start a pool, or is that too rude?


UPDATED: Jared @ Thinklings still thinks I'm bad, but he thinks even less of the person who did this. Thanks, Jared. I think. :)

UPDATED: See: I'm laying in bed right now with a 101° fever, and I think I'm hallucinating. Scott at fide-o was the spoofer?! I had an IP addy in or around LA, and I thought that maybe c.t. was trying a new flavor of troll sauce -- but Scott?

Dude: that was so not funny. And by "not funny" I mean, "I really did have the contact at the FTC bookmarked" kind of not-funny. If someone had given me 50 guesses and a list of 50 names to choose from, and your name had been on the list, I would have never picked you.

I'm going to have to reorder my world view after this one ... whoo boy ...

0 comments: