[?] Seven Sevens

Carla tagged me at my blog, so I'm going to do this to break up the "you beast! You blogged iMonk!" stuff here with this.

Seven things to do before I die:

1. Lead my parents to Christ, and baptize them into His church
2. Lead my children to Christ, and baptize them into His church
3. Lead my youngest brother to Christ, and baptize him into Christ's church
4. Be a better husband to my wife tomorrow than I was today (that's cumulative, not a singularity; think of what kind of world we would live in if every Christian man make this his prayer every night)
5. Open a second bookstore successfully; then a third if that doesn't kill me.
6. Write a book that gets published (any punk can write a book; getting published takes a special kind of insolence)
7. Be a better friend than I am today

Seven things I cannot do:

1. Sight-read Greek
2. Hebrew
3. Speaka foreign language
4. type with 10 fingers
5. Drop that last 10 lbs and get back to 170
6. Lie to people when the buy books that are going to hurt them
7. Drive slower than the speed limit

Seven things that attract me to my Wife:

1. She's smarter than me

2. She's hot

3. She's a great mom

4. She works hard

5. She's hot

6. Her Pork Chops

7. She's hot

Seven things I say most often:

1. "Actually ..." (also "Well ...")
2. "Pheh. Yuh."
3. "Where are my glasses?"
4. "Where are my keys?"
5. "What's for supper?"
6. "Sweet!"
7. "Dude!" (which is pronounced "dude" and not "DOOOOOOOOOOD!")

Seven books (or series) I love:

1. The Last Battle, C.S. Lewis
2. Reymond's Systematic Theology
3. Marriage on the Rock, Jimmy Evans
4. Kingdom Come, Alex Ross & Mark Wade
5. Unleashing God's Word in Your Life, John MacArthur
6. Don't Waste you Life, John Piper
7. Grasshopper on the Road, Arnold Lobel

Seven movies I would watch over and over again:

1. Spartacus
2. Magnificent Seven
3. Spiderman 1
4. It's a Wonderful Life
5. West Side Story (it's really sad, but the music is just fabulous)
6. Kung Fu Hustle
7. The Hunt for Red October

Seven people I want to join in, too:

1. Phil
2. JIBBS
3. Gummby
4. Jonathan
5. Hays
6. PP
7. Jason

0 comments: